Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

One of those nights

One of those nights. I can't quite put a title on them but i've had them so many times. I know theres others like me that do this;We go through these cycles in our lives, of intense pleasure and thrill. And after the party ends and we wake up and walk home we go through the period of reflecting on that fast ride we were on. The effects still have us spinning into a blur, and we can't look ahead because the present is so distraught. I look back at the blatant choices I made to land me here. Do the ones I left behind think about it for even a moment?

I was so troubled. For so long my identity was to be crazy and although I feel just as alone as I always have, being sober is not as scary as I thought. I'm forced to deal with the person i've become, and day by day I will make my identity.


You're looking skinny like a model with your eyes all painted black
Just keep going to the bathroom, always say you'll be right back
Well, it takes one to know one, kid, I think you've got it bad
But what's so easy in the evening by the morning's such a drag

I got a flask inside my pocket, we can share it on the train
And if you promise to stay conscious I will try and do the same
We might die from medication, but we sure killed all the pain
But what was normal in the evening by the morning seems insane

And I'm not sure what the trouble was that started all of this
The reasons all have run away, but the feeling never did
It's not something I would recommend, but it is one way to live
Cause what is simple in the moonlight by the morning never is

                                           -Bright Eyes   Lua

No comments:

Post a Comment